Primary Schools & Early Years
Promote water for Fizz Free February
Install water points and promote drinking water as the number one drink.
- Make sure everyone at your venue or workplace has access to free drinking water.
- Promote water as a free, healthy alternative to fizzy drinks
- If your setting is open to the public, register as a Refill site and put your tap on the map!
- If you’re a school, you can apply to install a heavily subsidised drinking fountain through the Drinking Fountain Association. Get in touch and mention SUGAR SMART.
- Or simply make sure there is a fresh jug of water on every table at your school, club or restaurant.
Drinking just one 330ml can of full sugar fizzy drink a day could add up to over a stone weight gain per year. Sugary drinks are the largest single source of sugar for children and teenagers. They offer no nutritional benefits to a nation already suffering high levels of obesity-related diseases and dental decay.
Please join SUGAR SMART to access all the downloads for this action.
SUGAR SMART is working with primary schools and early years across the UK to help people become smart about sugar.