Take part in Fizz Free February
Pledge to go fizz free this February to help kick the sugary drinks habit. Whether you're keen to take part as an individual, or get others on board in your community, we have resources and support to get you on your way.
Launched by Southwark Council in 2018, Fizz Free February is a great way to reduce your sugar intake by cutting out fizzy drinks. Register now for our webinar January 16 on community engagement and Fizz Free February to find out how your council, school or organisation can take part.
Fizzy drinks are the largest single source of sugar for children aged 11-18, and they provide an average of 29% of daily sugar intake. Cutting out fizzy drinks is an easy way to reduce your sugar intake. By committing to going fizz free for the entire month of February it will make easier to cut down on fizzy drinks for the rest of the year.
We are joining forces with Southwark Council to help take Fizz Free February national. Following on from a successful uptake of participation in SUGAR SMART September, we call on everyone in our network, from local SUGAR SMART campaigns and local authorities to organisations, schools, individuals and families to take part.
Download the Fizz Free February resources to get you started:
If you're leading a local SUGAR SMART campaign or run healthy eating public engagement work within your council:
- Get in touch with the SUGAR SMART team and let us know that you're planning to promote Fizz Free February in your area
- Download the resources, which you can edit to add your logo and local information
- Our colleagues at Southwark Council can also offer advice on promoting Fizz Free February in your local area, including template press releases. Get in touch.
If you would like to get your workplace, group, school or other setting involved:
- Visit your SUGAR SMART dashboard and choose which actions you are taking. Register if you're just starting.
- Share your story! What is your setting is doing as part of Fizz Free Feb? We can feature what you're up to through our network.
If you're taking part yourself or with your family:
- Pledge to go fizz-free on Southwark's website
- Can your workplace, group or school get involved? Spread the word!
- Use the #gofizzfree hashtag on Twitter to share how you're getting on and be inspired by others ditching the fizz.
SUGAR SMART is a campaign run by Sustain. SUGAR SMART is one of the featured campaigns in the UK's Sustainable Food Cities network.