Run a SUGAR SMART assembly
Run a SUGAR SMART assembly or session for children using our video and information resources.
Use our presentations and resources to create an assembly. They contain some surprising facts about how much hidden sugar is in everyday foods, such as yoghurts or ready meals.
- Use our SUGAR SMART lesson plans to go into more depth about the different types of sugar and what it can do to our health. Three lesson plans are from the Charlton Manor "Now We Are Cooking" book. If you would like to see more lesson plans check out the book.
- Check out the clips from Jamie’s Sugar Rush documentary for a bit of inspiration, below. The documentary contain some tough scenes and interviews, but it’s a great tool to get the message across.
- 25 minutes Sugar Rush documentary
- Shorter clip
- Food Active's 'Give Up Loving Pop' resources
- Change 4 Life healthy eating resources
Please join SUGAR SMART to access all the downloads for this action.
SUGAR SMART is working with community groups across the UK to help people become smart about sugar.