Get kids creative
Get children to make viral content such as videos or interviews to share on social media channels.
Ask kids to make a short video (on their phones) engaging with the main message of SUGAR SMART. For instance, they could interview a diabetic, record a song about sugar, or ask people in the street if they can guess the sugar content in well-known sugary drinks. Check out the clip from Jamie’s Sugar Rush documentary for a bit of inspiration, below. The documentary contain some tough scenes and interviews, but it’s a great tool to get the message across.
- 25 minutes Sugar Rush documentary
- Shorter clip of Sugar Rush
- Food Active's 'Give Up Loving Pop' resources
- Example that school kids in Brighton and Hove did
- Change 4 Life Food Smart app
Please join SUGAR SMART to access all the downloads for this action.
SUGAR SMART is working with community groups across the UK to help people become smart about sugar.