Set SUGAR SMART challenges
Set a sugar reduction challenge, such as giving up sugary drinks for a whole week.
- Challenge pupils or colleagues to give up sugary drinks for a set period of time in a ‘SWOP THE POP’ challenge. Encourage them to drink two litres of water a day instead.
- Download the posters from Brighton and Hove calling on residents to swap sugary items and sugary drinks for sugar-free alternatives.
- Introduce the Change4Life Sugar Swaps.
- Check out the clip from Jamie’s Sugar Rush documentary for a bit of inspiration, below. The documentary contain some tough scenes and interviews, but it’s a great tool to get the message across.
We know that long-term behaviour change can be far more effective if it’s presented as small steps in the right direction.
- 25 minutes Sugar Rush documentary.
- Shorter clip.
- See how kids from Blackpool got along in a 21-day Gulp (Give Up Loving Pop) Challenge.
- Food Active's 'Give Up Loving Pop' resources
- Change 4 Life healthy eating resources
Please join SUGAR SMART to access all the downloads for this action.
SUGAR SMART is working with community groups across the UK to help people become smart about sugar.